Apprenticeship Application Form
Application must be submitted by:
March 1 for Stage Management Apprentice candidates.
March 15 for Artistic and Education Apprentice candidates & Artistic Summer Internship candidates.
March 30 for Education Summer Internship candidates.
Please Note: All application materials must be submitted at one time in order for your application to be considered. Please gather all your application materials prior to applying.
- Prepare RÉSUMÉ of theater and/or related experience.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT should be no longer than one page and should address some of the following questions:
- Which position are you applying for and why is this role right for you?*
- Why a theater apprenticeship at McCarter Theatre Center?
- What are your current career goals?
- Why is this the right time in your life/career for this apprenticeship?
- What do you hope to gain and contribute to McCarter through this apprenticeship?
*Those applying for multiple positions should create individual personal statements for each position and indicate rank in order of most preferred position.
- Apprenticeship Candidates Only: Prepare TWO (2) LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION from professionals familiar with your experience and skills.
The following must be addressed:
- How long and in what capacity the individual has known the applicant
- How the applicant has shown interest and potential for a career in their area of choice
- The applicant’s ability for the apprenticeship for which they are applying
- How the applicant handles responsibility and works under pressure
- FILL OUT APPLICATION below and attach required items as one PDF document.
For more information, please contact the apprentice coordinator at email@example.com.
McCarter welcomes and encourages applications from aspiring artists, administrators, and craftspeople of all races, ethnicities and backgrounds.