Internship Application Form
Application must be submitted by:
March 1 for Artistic/Education and Stage Management Internship candidates.
March 31 for Arts Administration, Production Management, and Theater Production Internship Candidates.
Please Note: All application materials must be submitted at one time in order for your application to be considered. Please gather all your application materials prior to applying.
- Prepare RÉSUMÉ of theater and/or related experience.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT should be no longer than one page and should address some of the following questions:
- Which position are you applying for and why is this role right for you?*
- Why a theater internship at McCarter Theatre Center?
- What are your current career goals?
- Why is this the right time in your life/career for this internship?
- What do you hope to gain/will contribute to McCarter from this internship?
*Those applying for multiple positions should create individual personal statements for each position and indicate rank in order of most preferred position.
- Prepare TWO (2) LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION from professionals familiar with your experience and skills.
The following must be addressed:
- How long and in what capacity the individual has known the applicant
- How the applicant has shown interest and potential for a career in his/her area of choice
- The applicant’s ability for the internship for which he/she is applying
- How the applicant handles responsibility and works under pressure
- FILL OUT APPLICATION below and attach required items as one PDF document.
For more information, please contact the intern coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McCarter welcomes and encourages applications from aspiring artists, administrators, and craftspeople of all races, ethnicities and backgrounds.