Art of the Script
McCarter Theatre Center and the Arts Council of Princeton are searching for artists!
Art of the Script is a community project that invites local artists to create work inspired by scripts from upcoming McCarter productions. Work will be exhibited, and available for sale, in McCarter’s lobbies during the run of one of the five shows in the 2019-2020 season. Audiences will have the opportunity to view the art during pre-show and intermission to enhance their understanding of the script, or simply engage in conversation about the artwork! This project will allow audiences to dive deeper into the storytelling and celebrate the work of artists living and working in our community.
By Anthony Shaffer
Directed by Adam Immerwahr
A WICKEDLY FUN thriller!
THE REFUGE PLAYS
By Nathan Alan Davis
Directed by Patricia McGregor
MAY 8 - JUNE 7
If you could go back in time, and visit multiple generations of your family,
what questions would you ask?
Drop by the Arts Council of Princeton, 102 Witherspoon Street, to sign out a script for ONE WEEK — this will require a $20 deposit, returned when the script is brought back.
Submitted artwork must:
- Be connected to the script in theme, mood, or historical context
- Be 2-dimensional and ready to hang
- Not exceed 24 inches in any direction
- Not exceed 8 pounds
- The Arts Council and McCarter will promote the sale of exhibited work and collect 30% commission from the selling price. Artwork is not required to be available for sale.
- McCarter Theatre and/or the Arts Council of Princeton reserve the right to not display work that is deemed inappropriate or not suitable for hanging.
- Participants will receive a pair of complimentary tickets to the performance along with a special invitation to a networking night with our community partners.
- For more information, contact Carrie Ballenger at email@example.com