- All guests are required to show photo ID and proof that they are full vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering McCarter.
- If you are attending with a child under the age of 12, they MUST show proof of a negative PCR test taken within 36 hours of the performance time or a negative antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance time.
- If you have a medical or religious exemption to vaccination, you also MUST provide a negative PCR test taken within 36 hours of the performance time or a negative antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance time.
- Any patron, regardless of age or status, who does not comply with the proper proof of photo ID, vaccination, and/or negative test results will NOT be allowed in the theater.
- All guests, regardless of age or vaccination status, will be required to wear masks while inside the theatre building. Masks must fit snugly, covering the nose and mouth with no gaps. Neck gaiters and bandanas are not acceptable.
- If a patron is unable to comply with the vaccination, COVID testing or mask requirements, they will not be able to attend the performance and the cost of their ticket will be refunded.
- We are asking artists, audiences, staff, and volunteers to monitor their health and stay home if they are exhibiting any Covid and/or flu-like symptoms. By entering the theater, you are agreeing that you are not sick and have not had direct contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 10 days or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19. It is essential that you do not attend the show if you are unwell.
- Physical distancing in the theater will be adjusted in response to requirements mandated (dictated/advised) by the CDC, and as directed by our Front of House team.
- We ask all patrons to keep their personal belongings with them at all times.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the theaters.
- Contactless scanning of theater tickets is available at each venue.
- Performance programs will be available in digital format only.
- Concessions will be available and we will serve beverages in single-use disposal containers.
- We encourage electronic payment for any onsite ticket purchases and concession sales.
- Assistive listening devices will be cleaned with minimum 70% isopropyl alcohol between uses.
- Plexiglass barriers at point-of-sale locations.
These policies were developed in consultation with McCarter leaders and a variety of experts including our Labor and Employment Attorneys - Stark and Stark; the attorney for the League of Resident Theatres; the New Jersey Arts and Culture Recovery Task Force; the NJ Theatre Alliance; and the Theatre Communications Group. Our policies are also based on current guidance from the CDC and the State of NJ Department of Health.
Staff from McCarter Theatre Center have participated in collective efforts towards reopening in committee meetings convened by New Jersey Theatre Alliance, and guided by their medical consultant, Dr. Stuart Weiss. 25+ arts organizations across the state will be joining McCarter and NJTA with similar vaccination and mask policies. To learn more about NJTA's reopening campaign, Opening Night, Opening Right, and to take your Theatre Lover's Pledge for Safety, please visit openingright.com or njtheatrealliance.org.
Despite our best efforts, we cannot absolutely guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 while attending an event at McCarter. Please be aware that the risk of such exposure exists in any public place or large gathering. According to the CDC, senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to this disease. Please take this into consideration before buying tickets. By visiting McCarter, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Updated as of October 14, 2021.