- We are asking artists, audiences, staff, and volunteers to monitor their health and stay home if they are exhibiting any Covid and/or flu-like symptoms. By entering the theater, you are agreeing that you are not sick and have not had direct contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 10 days or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19. It is essential that you do not attend the show if you are unwell.
- Face coverings are not required at McCarter Theatre Center, indoors or outdoors, regardless of vaccination status. Individuals who feel more comfortable wearing a mask may choose to do so.
- Face coverings are recommended for individuals who are not fully vaccinated in order to protect their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- McCarter encourages a culture of non-judgment and no assumptions regarding mask-wearing.
- Physical distancing in the theater will be adjusted in response to requirements mandated (dictated/advised) by the CDC, and as directed by our Front of House team.
- We ask all patrons to keep their personal belongings with them at all times.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the theaters.
- Contactless scanning of theater tickets is available at each venue.
- Performance programs will be available in digital format only.
- Concessions will be available and we will serve beverages in single-use disposal containers.
- We encourage electronic payment for any onsite ticket purchases and concession sales.
- Assistive listening devices will be cleaned with minimum 70% isopropyl alcohol between uses.
- Plexiglass barriers at point-of-sale locations.
Updated as of July 27, 2021.