Princeton Dance Festival
DECEMEBER 1 – DECEMBER 3
VENUE Berlind Theater
DATES December 1 at 8PM, December 2 at 2PM & 8PM, December 3 at 2PM
RUN TIME Approx. 90 mins with 15-minute intermission.
Open Caption December 1st at 8PM. To select the best seats for Open Caption access, choose seats in the right or left seating section.
The 2023 Princeton Dance Festival features new and repertory works by nationally and internationally recognized choreographers, performed by more than 50 Princeton dance students. The program includes choreography by Brian Brooks, Amy Hall Garner, Bill T. Jones staged by Catherine Cabeen, Ishita Mili, Shamel Pitts, and Donna Uchizono. The range of works includes contemporary ballet, Indian/hip hop fusion, and contemporary dance works from a multidisciplinary perspective. A Relaxed Performance will be offered on December 3.
Tickets & Details: Performances of the Princeton Dance Festival are open to the public and tickets are required. Tickets: $12 in advance of show dates, $17 purchased the day of performances at the box office, and $10 for students (Passport to the Arts eligible for Princeton students).
Get directions to Berlind Theatre and find other venue information for McCarter Theatre Center.
The Berlind Theatre is an accessible venue with wheelchair and companion seating available. On December 1, the performance will be live captioned. The December 3 show will be a relaxed performance. An assistive listening system is available and headphones can be requested from ushers. Visit our Venues and Studios section for accessibility information at our various locations, including Berlind Theatre. Attendees in need of other access accommodations are invited to contact the Lewis Center at 609-258-5262 or email LewisCenter@princeton.edu at least one week in advance of the event date.
ABOUT RELAXED PERFORMANCES
Relaxed Performances ease typical theater requirements and welcome audience members to be comfortable and to move or vocalize freely, without judgment or inhibition.
You will be attending an evening of contemporary dance featuring six dance works, each approximately 10 minutes long. The dances are created by nationally and internationally recognized choreographers and performed by Princeton University students. The program includes contemporary ballet, Indian/hip hop fusion, and contemporary dance works from a multidisciplinary perspective.
What to Expect at a Relaxed Performance
- House lights will remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance
- Details of the sound levels and information about any loud or startling sounds will be shared before the performance begins
- No startling or strobe lighting
- Freedom to talk, vocalize, and leave seats during the performance as needed
- Space available throughout the theater and lobby for standing and movement
- Necessary communication devices are permitted; prohibitions against phone use, photographing, or recording the performance remain
- The dance works to be presented at the Princeton Dance Festival are suitable for all ages
At the Event
- The theater lobby will open at 1:00 p.m. and the house/theater space will open at 1:30 p.m. and you are welcome to arrive early to locate your seats
- The event will be approximately 90 minutes long with a 15-minute intermission about midway through the performance
- We invite you to bring noise-canceling headphones, fidget/handheld manipulatives and stress sensory toys, sunglasses, ear plugs, and anything else you may need to ensure maximum comfort and safety. Some fidget and handheld manipulatives will be available to borrow
- Volunteers with identifying t-shirts will be on hand to assist
- Restrooms will accommodate all family members and/or caregivers regardless of gender
- There will be two lounge areas provided for breaks throughout the performance
- Clear signage will direct guests to all key locations
- Concessions stand will be open throughout the event
View images of the theater exterior and interior spaces of the Berlind Theatre.
If you have questions about the relaxed performance or would like to bring a group to the show on December 3, please email Marion Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.