Volunteer at McCarter
Give back to your community by becoming an essential part of the success of one of the country’s leading regional theaters—join McCarter’s volunteer team!
JUMP in! Volunteer at McCarter and Princeton University
The Joint Ushers for McCarter and Princeton (JUMP) is a venture between McCarter Theatre Center and Richardson Auditorium in Alexander Hall. We seek to build an enthusiastic, committed, and diverse group of volunteer ushers to support the many concerts, performances, events, and lectures that are held at our venues throughout the year.
We are committed to a culture of service excellence and seek to meet our audiences’ needs, foster diversity, and make the arts accessible to everyone. Community volunteers enhance our ability to serve our patrons while also benefiting themselves from the opportunity to find fulfillment in volunteer activities and enjoy outstanding entertainment in internationally renowned venues.
We seek volunteer ushers who are friendly, outgoing, professional, and able to work as part of a collaborative team.
Ushers must be 18 years of age or older and must meet the following physical requirements:
- Ascend and descend 40 or more steps quickly
- Stand independently for two hours continuously
- Have accurate vision in dim lighting (in order to read tickets) and walk in dark lighting (to assist patrons with seating)
- Hear and speak clearly in areas with significant background noise (in order to answer patron questions)
- Move quickly and calmly in an emergency